Thursday, February 26, 2009

Day-to-day (flu-like symptoms)

I haven't left my bed all week except for free pancake day at IHOP and to go to the game Tuesday night. I missed the first period tonight due to me sleeping 19 hours a day, but I woke up to some great news, I honestly think it was Vanek's voice that woke me up. Intermission report said that his return may come as soon as March 4th, which is great news. Sabres played a decent game tonight against the Canes', dominating the first two periods but getting into a bit of penalty and long shift trouble in the third which led to the tying goal.

Pens and Ducks make a deal earlier today, sending Chris Kunitz for Ryan Whitney and Eric Tangradi. Good deal for both sides, Kunitz who is signed until 2011-2012, a decent 50-60 point winger and still developing, should be a nice complement to either Crosby or Malkin. They also get young prospect Eric Tangradi. Tangradi is a solid prospect playing in the OHL, hes got size 6'3-215 and can make plays, 2nd in the OHL in scoring behind Tavares. Ducks receive Whitney who is the big puck moving defencemen the Ducks were looking for.

Brodeur came back tonight for the Devils and in Brodeur fashion records the shutout regardless of not playing in 4 months. Zach Parise scored a really nice goal by roofing it over Raycroft, he now has 36 on the year which ties him with Jeff Carter in 2nd in goals scored.

A look at the standings now, Philly sits now in 4th with 75 points, it is very unlikely the Sabres will catch them, Habs are at 71 and a game at hand in 5th, Florida beat the Rangers whom have lost 4 straight, they are both at 70, Rangers have played 63 games so they are in 7th, Buffalo sits at the 8th spot with Carolina also with 69 points. According to Mirtle the Sabres have to finish 11-9 now to make the playoffs.

I'd write more but my Nyquil PM is kicking in pretty strong now...I'll post more when I'm not dying I swear.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry you're sick. That sucks!

    I was at the game last night and IT WAS AWESOME!!! Lalime played a great game, just sadly the other guys couldn't score any more goals. Either way, a live game of hockey is truly AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete